“America’s Largest Open House” better known as Historic Garden Week in Virginia 2013, will be held the week of April 20 – April 27. Cited as “On of the top ten garden 10 great flower shows and garden events” by USA Today. http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2013/02/28/shows-flower-bloom-garden-events-herald-spring/1954755/
Williamsburg’s Garden Tour will be highlighted on Tuesday April 23 from 10am -5:30pm. Beautiful homes and historic houses will be featured on this day. Enjoy gorgeous interior décor, architecture and art as well as their meticulous gardens.
Ticket cost is $30 in advance.
This year’s tour will feature homes in Colonial Williamsburg and West Landing in Kingsmill.
- 207 East Nicholson Street – Tayloe House – in the historic area contributed by Ms. Kay Wilkinson
- Orlando Jones House, Kitchen and Gardens – Contributed by Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
- 104 West Landing – Mr. and Mrs. Richard Alexander – Custom designed Craftsman style contemporary home
- 135 West Landing – Dr. and Mrs. Daniel Carr’s Home and Gardens – Beautifully situated on the James River this Georgian-style home offers many options for outdoor entertaining
- 168 West Landing – Home and Gardens – French traditional décor in a reverse architecture floor plan, formal rose gardens and serpentine perennial garden
- Escorted Walking Garden Tour Colonial Williamsburg
- Matthew Whaley Garden Tour
- Kingsmill Historic Plantation Site