Williamsburg at the Holidays: Christmas in Colonial Williamsburg
With Fall Leaves just hitting their peak colors, the air is crisp, the sky is blue, and we all know what is right around the corner. One of the most magical Seasons is Williamsburg at the Holidays. As all of the Elves get busy decorating the windows and doors of local shops and homes, Williamsburg Christmas events start their programing in November. White Lights are hung from the trees, homemade wreaths that make fruit the star will hang from the doors and Father Christmas will walk the streets of Merchant Square, just a few blocks walk down the street from our Williamsburg Bed and Breakfast. Come and make your holiday tradition one that includes a Getaway to Williamsburg.
Located just a short 4 block walk down the street from our Romantic Inn, you will find our Historic Town decorated for all the Williamsburg Holiday Events.
Store fronts are lit from the twinkle of white lights, candles glow in the windows and wreaths of fresh greens and fruits adorn each door. Father Christmas strolls the Williamsburg streets of Colonial Williamsburg Merchant Square and entertains young and old. History abounds as you stroll down the cresset basket lined streets past the brick buildings, 18th century Taverns and enjoy all the Christmas Decorations.
Holiday Events and Christmas Programs
Whatever you’re visiting for at Holiday Time, you can find a variety of special holiday programs, themed events and shows to full your Holiday Calendar.
Several of the traditions that Williamsburg offers for your Holiday travel.
- Colonial Williamsburg Christmas Decoration Tours. Take this one-hour walking tour and enjoy a guided look at Colonial Williamsburg Buildings. This tour will take you down the streets and the building exteriors to describe how these structures are decked out in holiday splendor.
- If you are a bit on the creative side? Several Workshops are offered during the Holiday Season. You can make your own wreath, a candle centerpiece or maybe a Decorative Fruit piece to take home with you from your Visit to Williamsburg.
- Join in on November 30 for the lighting of the Community Christmas Tree. Outside the Colonial Williamsburg Court House, you can enjoy the lighting of this 40-foot Spruce with 7500 twinkling lights. Join in the Christmas Carols or sip on a warm cider.
- If music is your love, Enjoy an evening with a concert at the Governors Palace.
- During the first 3 Saturdays of December, enjoy Williamsburg’s Grand Illuminations. The Spirit of Christmas Season surrounds you as fireworks light the sky and performances fill multiple stages on the Historic Streets.
- Yorktown offers the boater in you a chance to watch the Lighted Boat Parade as you enjoy caroling around a Beach Bonfire and the sounds of the Fife and Drums of Yorktown.
Christmas Town at Busch Gardens
Located a short drive from our Williamsburg Hotel alternative, you will find the World’s Most Beautiful Theme Park, which is once again transformed with over ten million twinkling lights, one of the largest light displays in North America, Christmas Town. This One-of-a-Kind Winter Wonderland will feature 2 all new light experiences. As you stroll through the countries at Christmas Town you can enjoy a show in each country. Whether it be finding the reason for the season at “Twas the Night” or a heartwarming show such as the all-new Wiseman, you will be immersed in the Christmas spirit. Over 25 rides and coasters will bring the child out in you if you dare. Festive Treats, holiday shopping and Christmas Cheer can be found throughout the park.
Williamsburg Christmas Colonial Charm
Whether you take in special Holiday events or just stroll the Historic Street of Williamsburg dressed for the holidays, you can feel the Holiday Spirit in the air. Liberty Ice Pavilion is Williamsburg Ice skating rink located right on Duke of Gloucester Street. You can even rent a pair of skates if you leave yours at home.
For the shopper in the family, Merchant Square will fill your needs with a selection of shops offering great gifts to knock off your Christmas Gift List. After a great day of shopping and skating what could be better than a local drink at the Williamsburg Winery Tasting Room or Williamsburg Breweries right down the street from the Bed and Breakfast in Merchant Square.
Whatever your plans are, make sure you book your room early at our Williamsburg Bed and Breakfast.