May 16th, 2013 by debbiekeane
Spend your summer vacation here in Williamsburg. Enjoy the Historic Williamsburg area as well as Jamestown, Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.
Checking in on the Sunday, Monday or Tuesday? If so, you can enjoy your third night half price! Yes, just stay with us for 3 nights, arriving on either a Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday and we will take 50% off your third night stay.
Just mention “2013Summer50″ at the time of your booking! This code must be mentioned to obtain the discount! No exceptions.
This discount is not valid on holidays, or special events and cannot be used with any gift cards/certificates, packages or any other discounts or specials.
This special is not applicable to existing reservations or last minute special rates.
Subject to availability.
Valid June 1- August 27, 2013
April 11th, 2013 by debbiekeane
Williamsburg VA Garden Week!
“America’s Largest Open House” better known as Historic Garden Week in Virginia 2013, will be held the week of April 20 – April 27. Cited as “On of the top ten garden 10 great flower shows and garden events” by USA Today. http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2013/02/28/shows-flower-bloom-garden-events-herald-spring/1954755/
Williamsburg’s Garden Tour will be highlighted on Tuesday April 23 from 10am -5:30pm. Beautiful homes and historic houses will be featured on this day. Enjoy gorgeous interior décor, architecture and art as well as their meticulous gardens.
Ticket cost is $30 in advance.
This year’s tour will feature homes in Colonial Williamsburg and West Landing in Kingsmill.
- 207 East Nicholson Street – Tayloe House – in the historic area contributed by Ms. Kay Wilkinson
- Orlando Jones House, Kitchen and Gardens – Contributed by Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
- 104 West Landing – Mr. and Mrs. Richard Alexander – Custom designed Craftsman style contemporary home
- 135 West Landing – Dr. and Mrs. Daniel Carr’s Home and Gardens – Beautifully situated on the James River this Georgian-style home offers many options for outdoor entertaining
- 168 West Landing – Home and Gardens – French traditional décor in a reverse architecture floor plan, formal rose gardens and serpentine perennial garden
- Escorted Walking Garden Tour Colonial Williamsburg
- Matthew Whaley Garden Tour
- Kingsmill Historic Plantation Site
For more information about the Williamsburg tour email Cathy Adams at email@example.com or visit the website at www.vagardenweek.org.
March 26th, 2013 by debbiekeane
What is there to do in Williamsburg this weekend? 3/31 and 3/31?
- You can start with the Muscarelle Museum as it announces the first Mattia Preti Monographic exhibtion in the United States. Conveniently located across the street from the Inn, just walk over after breakfast on Saturday morning.
- You could try the spring fling at the Williamsburg Yankee Candle where you will find weekend events to include on March 30th, the Hedgehog Chainsaw Artisans. Come and see the Hedgehogs Woodworks as they sculpt a variety of Paradise themed stautes out of logs.
- For Lunch on Easter Sunday, March 31, stop by at the Trellis Restaurant, right down the street in Merchant Square where you can enjoy Glazed Easter Ham, whipped sweet potatoes and spring vegetables….and don’t forget dessert, a Strawberry-Almond Tart topped with rhubarb sauce and homemade vanilla ice cream.
- After lunch walk over to the Abby Adrich museum to enjoy some Tramp Art. Explore this art through the study of 6 objects ranging from a doll sized roll top desk to a 7 foot tall cheval glass.
- Enjoy the New Town Art gallery this month with guest artist Lori Jakubow!
Wonderful events are happening all weekend here in Williamsburg so don’t forget to book your room in advance. A Williamsburg White House 757-229-8580
March 17th, 2013 by debbiekeane
Stay for three nights, enjoy two passes to 5 Historic Sites as well as lunch one day at a Colonial Tavern. See Details.
March 15th, 2013 by debbiekeane
A Do Not Miss Event in Jamestown Settlement
March 16-18, 2013 in Jamestown Settlement, over 30 units will depict the First Century to Modern Times.
Hundreds of re-enactors will descend on Jamestown Settlement and celebrate this annual event.
Ancient Romans to Virginia Army National Guard re-enactors will set up camp this weekend.
Come and enjoy Artillery Firings, Military Pass-In-Review where 4 centuries of artillery will be demonstrated.
Re-enactors will set up camp sites, clothing and cooking presentations as well as field demonstrations.
February 28th, 2013 by debbiekeane
Daffodils are blooming and spring is right around the corner. Colonial Williamsburg will be starting their spring programming in a few weeks so make sure you make your reservation now for your Spring Vacation Getaway. Check out our new spring package and book your stay early!
January 28th, 2013 by debbiekeane
Enjoy 2 nights in the room of your choice, tickets to Colonial Williamsburg and lunch at a Colonial Tavern. Valid until September 21, 2013. For more information click here
December 2nd, 2012 by debbiekeane
Yes, we have been named as one of the best Inns for a Sweet Escape by “Capitol Files” magazine. One of 8 Inns selected by this prestigious magazine you can view our write up by following this link.
A Williamsburg White House Debbie and John Keane’s century-old estate is scattered with period accents and vintage photographs of past US prestidents, many of whom have roamed the streets of the nearby colonial village. At this decidedly luxurious bed and breakfast, morning meals consist of gourmet selections of eggs Benedict, stuffed French toast, or quiche Lorraine. 718 Jamestown Road, Williamsburg, VA, 757-229-8580 Read more at http://capitolfile-magazine.com/living/articles/best-inns-dc-area#Jm8jSOoZaMb4EPG0.99
We thank Capitol Files Magazine for their write up.
October 1st, 2012 by debbiekeane
A Winter Wonderland!
Christmas Time in Williamsburg…. is one of the most beautiful times of the year.
Decorated in fresh fruit, live greens and white lights, the historic area comes to life.
Enjoy visiting the historic village of Colonial Williamsburg, enjoy a Christmas Walking tour, and relax for lunch at a Colonial Tavern.
Included in our 2 night Christmas getaway package: (valid the entire month of December!)
- 2 Nights in the room of your choice
- A Full Breakfast Daily (except Christmas morning, there is a self serve continental breakfast available)
- Tickets for admission to the historic area of Colonial Williamsburg
- A $50 Gift Card to Colonial Williamsburg to enjoy lunch at a Colonial Tavern
- Tickets to a Colonial Williamsburg Christmas Walking Tour ( subject to availability).
Prices vary by room:
- Standard Queen Room: $499.
- Queen Suite: $539.
- King Room: $559.
- Prices are for 2 persons, tax is not included.
Included in our 3 night Christmas package are: (valid the entire month of December!)
- 3 Nights in the room of your choice
- Full Breakfast Daily ( except on Christmas morning, where there is a self serve Continental Breakfast available)
- Tickets for entry to the Historic Area of Colonial Williamsburg for the length of your stay
- Tickets to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens
- Lunch for two at a Colonial Tavern.
- Tickets for admission to a Colonial Williamsburg Christmas Walking tour.
Rates vary by room:
- Standard Queen Room: $689
- Queen Suite:$749
- King Size Room:$779
- Prices are for 2 persons, tax is not included.
To Book your Christmas Getaway Package, just click here! Choose the room you prefer and then add on the Christmas Getaway package. Valid from 11/23/12-12/31/12
Our Christmas package is designed for a two or three night stay. If you wish to stay for a longer time, we can certainly add additional nights at our regular rates without a problem.
August 28th, 2012 by debbiekeane
The LPGA announced a return to Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, Virginia, beginning in 2012 with the Kingsmill Championship. The tournament marks the Tour’s fifth new event – and fourth in North America – on the 2012 tournament schedule.The $1.3 million Kingsmill Championship will be played September 6-9. In 2013, the tournament will return to a traditional early-May date.
“We are truly thrilled to bring the world’s best golfers back to Kingsmill, where the LPGA has such a great history,” said LPGA Commissioner Michael Whan. “As our players will attest, Kingsmill is a premier venue and we all look forward to working closely with the resort’s new owner, Xanterra, on this tournament. In 2012, the LPGA’s motto is “See Why It’s Different Out Here,” and we hope that fans and media will have the opportunity to find out for themselves.”
We are very excited about the LPGA’s decision to return to Kingsmill Resort,” said Andrew Todd, president and CEO of Xanterra. “Kingsmill’s history as a host of an LPGA tournament was one of the factors we found attractive when we purchased the resort, and it has been a goal of ours to reestablish a relationship with the LPGA and help bring a tournament back to Kingsmill Resort and Williamsburg. We look forward to hosting the players again and presenting a first-class event on our challenging River Course.”
The River Course at Kingsmill Resort previously hosted the LPGA’s Michelob ULTRA Open at Kingsmill from 2003 to 2009 with winners including Grace Park (2003), Se Ri Pak (2004), Cristie Kerr (2005, 2009), Karrie Webb (2006), Suzann Pettersen (2007), and Annika Sorenstam (2008).