February 24th, 2014 by debbiekeane
Looking for that secluded and intimate Inn to exchange your vows?
This beautiful Historic Estate is home to where many couples have started their new lives together. Your choice of a Private indoor ceremony in the JFK Library or Diplomatic Reception Room, or a garden wedding on a beautiful October day. Start your lives together in a relaxed, intimate setting.
This All Inclusive package allows the bride and groom the perfect stress free, yet elegant wedding ceremony in the perfect setting. The length of your stay is up to you.
This package is for when it is just the two of you.
Included in this package:
- A local marriage commissioner to perform your ceremony.
- A Private, romantic, indoor or outdoor ceremony.
- A beautiful hand tied Bouquet for the bride.
- A handsome boutonniere for the groom.
- A Champagne toast with your personalized glasses
- Chocolate Covered strawberries with your toast.
- Following your ceremony, enjoy a Romantic Dinner for two at one of Williamsburg’s finest restaurants.
- A Bottle of chilled champagne awaits you in your room.
- A Small Wedding Cake in your room when you return from dinner.
Total Cost of Package is $699 plus applicable tax.
This does not include your Room Costs.
February 19th, 2014 by debbiekeane
Enjoy this Williamsburg Spring Getaway with our Spring Vacation package. Tickets to Colonial Williamsburg and lunch at a Colonial Tavern along with your room is all Inclusive in this wonderful package. Click here for details!
August 25th, 2013 by debbiekeane
Breakfast is waiting for you in the Reagan Dining Room
Start you morning off with fresh brewed coffee or hot tea as you read in the paper. Step into the Reagan Dining room to enjoy your full complimentary breakfast. Fresh, Cold Orange Juice is poured, and today you will enjoy Hot Baked Oatmeal topped with fresh whipped cream. Once you scrape your oatmeal clean, your hot delicious entree is served. Today we enjoyed Muffin Egg Frittatta’s with zucchini, red onion, red pepper and cheese served on a bed of breakfast potatoes with fresh homemade scones. Does this sound a little too healthy for you? Just wait until tomorrow when we have fresh fruit with melon, strawberries, blackberries and kiwi followed by and entree of sizzling bacon and Belgium Waffles served with warm maple syrup. Just book your room at our Williamsburg Bed and Breakfast now and enjoy a different entree daily!
August 6th, 2013 by debbiekeane
Come and enjoy Beer Tastings and unlimited food this weekend, Sunday August 11th, 2013, from noon-5pm on Duke of Gloucester Street in Merchants Square. Enjoy beer from 10 participating breweries along with Live Music from the Hark. Tickets which include the beer tastings and food are $25 in advance / $30 at the door . Raffle to benefit Anderson’s Corner Animal Hospital and supporting canine charities. To purchase tickets, click here!
July 24th, 2013 by debbiekeane
Approximately 144 teams from nearly a dozen states are expected in the area starting today for this high profile event.
This is supposed to be the largest sporting event in the history of the Williamsburg area.
Sports Williamsburg, the Greater Williamsburg Chamber and Tourism Alliance and surrounding towns helped secure venues for the event.
The economic impact from the NSA event could exceed $3 million in revenue to the area.
There will be over 3000 athletes and their families staying in our Williamsburg destination for a week.
One thing that is different about girls sports than boys sports are: Girls spend money. They are going to New Town, restaurants and outlets.
The Tournament will feature 10 and under to 18 and under teams and spread out over many juridsications throughout the Historic Triangle.
July 12th, 2013 by debbiekeane
Just a few weeks left to enjoy our Summer vacation package. Come, spend 2 nights or more in the room of your choice. Enjoy a full breakfast each morning, afternoon snacks and wine, and your comfortable room with private bathroom. With our summer package you can enjoy tickets to Colonial Williamsburg as well as lunch at a Colonial Tavern. Prices vary by room choice. Not to be combined with any other discounts, packages, or gift cards/certificates. View our availability here!
June 19th, 2013 by debbiekeane
Come and experience hundreds of reenactors march into town on June 28 as General Cornwallis brings his troops to Colonial Williamsburg. The town is taken over and the reenactors set up camp throughout the historic area while Martial Law is declared. A series of events take place over the weekend and locals as well as tourists interact with the British Army for 3 days.
A great event to experience as it is the largest group of reenactors in Williamsburg yearly. Camps are set up with tents and fires to prepare the meals. A Military Hospital is set up for the injured and the British army demonstrates their skills as well as performs artillery demonstrations.
Within walking distance from our Williamsburg Bed and Breakfast, you can first enjoy the modern amenites of fine dining before stepping back in history. Treat yourself to a fun weekend of history, luxury and great food all at the same time. This event only happens once a year so don’t miss it. A Few rooms are available for the weekend. To check our availability or book online just click here!
May 30th, 2013 by debbiekeane
July 9th in Merchant Square, Williamsburg will host the 5th annual Invitational Car show!
Williamsburg, VA –– On Sunday, June 9 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Merchants Square will host the Colony Auto Enthusiasts for their 5th Annual Williamsburg Invitational Car Show featuring a collection of 19 Porsches that celebrate the 65th Anniversary of Porsche and the 50th Anniversary of the Porsche 911.
Fifty-five carefully selected cars from throughout the world are included in this unique display. A special exhibit of vehicles from 1927-1931 will recognize the 85thAnniversary of Merchants Square. This exhibit will feature a circa 1775 replica landau from the Colonial Williamsburg collection of carriages, a 1937 Rolls-Royce and a 2013 Tesla.
This show is open to the public at no charge. All who attend are encouraged to make a cash donation in support of the wonderful service provided by the Williamsburg area Meals-on-Wheels, who will have a special display at the center of the car show.
Inspired by the rich architectural heritage of the 18th century, Merchants Square blends the atmosphere found in the adjacent Historic Area of Colonial Williamsburg with 21st-century shopping and dining.Most retail stores open at 10 a.m. Monday through Saturday and noon on Sunday. Individual store hours vary. The hotline, 757 565-8889, and the Merchants Square website, merchantssquare.org, contains information about any schedule changes for outdoor events due to weather. Find us on Facebook.or follow us on twitter: @MerchantsSquare.
The Colony Auto Enthusiasts are a group of more than 50 Ford’s Colony residents with a common passion for cars: antique and modern, foreign and domestic. Inquires regarding the car displays may be directed to the Colony Auto Enthusiasts: firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 11th, 2013 by debbiekeane
Williamsburg VA Garden Week!
“America’s Largest Open House” better known as Historic Garden Week in Virginia 2013, will be held the week of April 20 – April 27. Cited as “On of the top ten garden 10 great flower shows and garden events” by USA Today. http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2013/02/28/shows-flower-bloom-garden-events-herald-spring/1954755/
Williamsburg’s Garden Tour will be highlighted on Tuesday April 23 from 10am -5:30pm. Beautiful homes and historic houses will be featured on this day. Enjoy gorgeous interior décor, architecture and art as well as their meticulous gardens.
Ticket cost is $30 in advance.
This year’s tour will feature homes in Colonial Williamsburg and West Landing in Kingsmill.
- 207 East Nicholson Street – Tayloe House – in the historic area contributed by Ms. Kay Wilkinson
- Orlando Jones House, Kitchen and Gardens – Contributed by Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
- 104 West Landing – Mr. and Mrs. Richard Alexander – Custom designed Craftsman style contemporary home
- 135 West Landing – Dr. and Mrs. Daniel Carr’s Home and Gardens – Beautifully situated on the James River this Georgian-style home offers many options for outdoor entertaining
- 168 West Landing – Home and Gardens – French traditional décor in a reverse architecture floor plan, formal rose gardens and serpentine perennial garden
- Escorted Walking Garden Tour Colonial Williamsburg
- Matthew Whaley Garden Tour
- Kingsmill Historic Plantation Site
For more information about the Williamsburg tour email Cathy Adams at email@example.com or visit the website at www.vagardenweek.org.
March 26th, 2013 by debbiekeane
What is there to do in Williamsburg this weekend? 3/31 and 3/31?
- You can start with the Muscarelle Museum as it announces the first Mattia Preti Monographic exhibtion in the United States. Conveniently located across the street from the Inn, just walk over after breakfast on Saturday morning.
- You could try the spring fling at the Williamsburg Yankee Candle where you will find weekend events to include on March 30th, the Hedgehog Chainsaw Artisans. Come and see the Hedgehogs Woodworks as they sculpt a variety of Paradise themed stautes out of logs.
- For Lunch on Easter Sunday, March 31, stop by at the Trellis Restaurant, right down the street in Merchant Square where you can enjoy Glazed Easter Ham, whipped sweet potatoes and spring vegetables….and don’t forget dessert, a Strawberry-Almond Tart topped with rhubarb sauce and homemade vanilla ice cream.
- After lunch walk over to the Abby Adrich museum to enjoy some Tramp Art. Explore this art through the study of 6 objects ranging from a doll sized roll top desk to a 7 foot tall cheval glass.
- Enjoy the New Town Art gallery this month with guest artist Lori Jakubow!
Wonderful events are happening all weekend here in Williamsburg so don’t forget to book your room in advance. A Williamsburg White House 757-229-8580